State Beach Picnic permit program and the restrictions
State Beach Picnic permit program and the restrictions:
- No Saturday or Sunday availability from Memorial Day through Labor Day
- Specific holiday weekends (as defined by the State) are not available for the whole holiday weekend, meaning Friday through Monday.
- Reservation requests for these beaches are required at least 10 days in advance to State Parks
- Reservations require approval from State Parks
- State Parks approves events on a “first come, first served basis” with reservations allowed up to 3 months in advance
Each State Beach is subject to a certain number of reservations per month per permittee. For example, during peak season (Memorial Day – Labor Day), for beaches where reservations are available, there is a max of 2 reservations per month per beach. In non-peak season, the max is 4 reservations per month, per location.
- Tamarack State Beach - non-peak season only
- Carlsbad State Beach (defined as the beach directly south of Tamarack, between the jetties) year round reservations allowed
- Cardiff State Beach (Seaside, south beach, location only) year round reservations allowed
- Torrey Pines State Beach (South beach) – non peak season only
- Silver Strand State Beach (in front of parking lot 1 or 2 only) – year round reservations allowed. Beach Genie needs to charge a travel fee of $100 for this location.
- Limited to 15 guests
- Beach Restrictions: